Christmas morning was cute with Little Miss opening and loving everything and Mr. Man ignoring the presents all together, playing with the same old Melissa and Doug pots he plays with every other day. We had a big breakfast and leisurely made our way over to my parents’ house, much to the impatience of my family. That portion was absolute mayhem resulting in more toys than our house can possibly handle, but of course, it was a great time.
Rather than go on and on, I thought I would post the hits and misses, smiles and tears of the day in concise list form for you. Hope you enjoy!
Melissa and Doug Make-a-face Princess Kit- 18 pages of princess faces missing their eyes, lips and accessories with 4 sheets of stickers to mix and match. Pretty much every girl’s dream.
Doc’s Big Book of Boo Boos- a storybook with stickers and journal pages in the back where you are asked to draw pictures to help each case. Though she hasn’t drawn in it yet, she has spent a decent amount of time “reading” it.
Anna and Elsa Pez dispensers- tons of toys and these were the things she played with all night and held on the car ride home.
Elsa tiara and necklace- She got the singing dress that cost a fortune, which I bought way in advance before it sold out, but the tiara was the big hit. The necklace was dubbed her “amulet that lets her talk to animals.”
Dolls, dolls and more dolls- There’s no place left to sit in our house. There’s just dolls. Everywhere.
Melissa and Doug car carrier- A wooden truck with four simple wooden cars. No bells and whistles and he loves it.
V-tech Kidibeats Drum Set- You bag it and it makes noise, plays music and all sorts of sounds. I mean really, what’s not to like?
Little Tikes Tap-A-Tune Drum- This one is just a plastic drum with two maraca-shaped drumsticks, but again, so simple and so fun.
Sippy cups, pacifiers and puffs- Familiar items were a big hit.
Cat treats- At my parents’ house Mr. Man took the cat treats from one of the pet stockings and carried them around for about a half hour.
Reasons to cry
1. You still have to brush your teeth on Christmas? In the morning and at night? This is unacceptable.
2. I know better and yet I did not attach a paci clip to Mr. Man at my parents’ house and his pacifier went missing in seconds, either scooped up with wrapping paper or creatively hidden by Mr. Man himself. This resulted in over an hour of crying and attempted distractions until we found another one at the bottom of the diaper bag.
3. My sister gave Mr. Man a new sippy cup and it was really exciting, until Mr. Man couldn’t figure out how to use it, since it was a different kind than we currently have. Cry, throw it and panic until you are given a cup you can operate.
4. You can’t eat an entire carnival style, twisty lollipop in one sitting so your grandmother put it in a Ziplock. This is so not ok and resulted in a meltdown and the phrase “I don’t want the lollipop in a bag” on a constant loop until Little Miss was pacified in the car with Pez dispensers to hold.
5. Uncle Soap doesn’t live with us. Little Miss insisted that our house was his home and did not want him to get out of our car once we brought him to the bus stop. We told her he lives in New York and all his things were there, but she just didn’t want him to go.
6. Bedtime. What kid wants Christmas to end, and can you blame them?